Re: Dents in almost every Scirocco

>I just got my Scirocco.  While shopping, I noticed that like 2 out of 3
Sciroccos I looked at had a dent on the drivers side between the door and
the rear wheel.  Is it just me?  I looked at nearly a dozzen cars.  (the car
I bought has the dent too)

Just bad luck, buddy.  The MINT condition 16v I have was totally
dent/nick/scratch free until it's new owner's (me) girlfriend threw the
passenger side door open into my guitar amp.  Now I have a TEENY TINY ding
that is visible when you look at it if the angle of incidence of the sun is
between 35 and 37 degrees and you have your infra red decodor key.

A shop near me is doing the paintless ding removal for teeny tiny dents for
$75.  They disassemble your door and slowly press the dent out with all
these funky rollers.  I'll do it sometime soon and tell you the results.

Chris Taylor
'87 16v Scirocco [garaged 'til fair weather prevails]
'95 Jeep Grand Cherokee

West Ambler Johnston Hall
Virginia Tech Campus
chtaylo4@vt.edu  [offline from Dec.19 to Jan 12--write to aol.com address]