Re: Engine trouble in cold wet conditions

At 08:54 AM 12/13/96 -0800, you wrote:

>	I am wondering where the seat is height wise compared to the stock
>seat.  One of the problems that I have is that at 6'1" I have to adjust
>the seat all the way down and then tilt it back a ways just to have my
>head clear the roof.  When I get the new seats I want to sit lower in the
>car so that I could drive in a more upright position.  Does this sound
>like a possibility?  The people that I have talked to said that I might
>have to have custom brackets made.  This is not a problem, if the end
>result is that I can now drive in a more comfortable position.  Plus with
>what I will have to pay for those seats custom brackets will be a very
>small expense in the big picture.

I should of mentioned that I am 6'0" and had to adjust the seat just as you
described. The Recaro's from GTi dont adjust as far down as the stock seats do. Im
thinking about having the seat modified so I can sit lower also. If you know of a
place that can do it, id go for it. I havent looked for a shop that can even do this
mod as of yet but its a definate future goal.

>	Also before I forget, I talked to someone who said that they would
>sell me some seats out of a corrado for $200.  Only problem is that they
>are not leather seats and I have a leather interior in my 'rocco.  But how
>does that deal strike you?
>	As always let me know what you think. Oh yeah, and if you know
>anyone selling some seats like this--please let me know.
>
>	Adam

Adam, I paid $500 for the Recaros I got and they are not leather. They were (are),
however, in pristine condition so the value was there. $200 is a pretty good price
depending on the condition and quality of seat. Are the
se Recaros?

Shawn