Prepping for a paint job!

I know someone on this list said they saved a lot of money by
prepping the car themselves b4 gettign it painted. And I should have
anout 3-5 weeks to work on my car myself b4 it gets a complete paint
job...What should i remove? I can prob remove everything but whats in
the engine compartment as the shop will have to do that. Can someone
elighten me on the procedures? I don't want to look like a complete
idiot when i first take my rocco to the body shop.

And well i suppose you've already guessed I found a body shop to
install my kit, seems the guy at the shop is getting a Rieger Corrado
kit the same time I am,so I'll watch him first and strip my car.

Also..anyone know where I can get info on auto-shows? I need to get
into this as my goal is to enter my rocco in shows and win some of my
money back if not profit from it. thanks

Ryan
'87 16v Scirocco