Re: replacing resistor in interior fan

On Mon, 9 Dec 1996, Josh Clark wrote:

> Has anyone done this on a Scirocco?  THe Bently is a little obscure as to
> the location and how to replace it.  I need to because only the 4th speed
> worked on my
> 83 fan and now it is dead too which doesn't help much in the Winter.  Thanks
> for the help,

oh man, you better PRAY it's just the resistor pack that's shot.  From
what you say, it sounds like that's the case.  All you do is pop the hood,
remove the rain tray, and locate the little grey cylinder in front of the
fan.  It's only held in place by the frame its' in, so taking it out is no
problem.  There's a wire or two to unhook from the motor, too, I think.

If your fan is shot, you're in for some trouble.  Several hours worth of
God***n, Motherf****r, you filthy bastard Trouble.  Bentley's description
on replacing the fan doesn't quite capture the fun you'll have.