Re: few questions to VW gurus :-)

> 2- My headlights are aligned but it's not giving me good visibility.
> is this typical of 'roccos?  Is there something I can add/change to
> increase the visiblity?  I own a '85 8v.

    If you use relays for all 4 headlights, you will gain around 1 to 1.5
  volts cuz of the direct connection to the battery.  This will give you
  brighter, whiter lights (that is if you arent running the french yellow
  lights).  Also, if you use relays and beefier wire, you can always
  upgrade to Euro-Lights for which you can get higher wattage bulbs.

> 3- There is a strong smell of fuel from the exhaust  and I can see vapors when I look
> under the car (while running).  But there is no leak of liquid fuel.
> Do I have a gas problem?  Is this related to the charcoal canister?

    Sounds as if you might be running on 3 cylinders?  Or you could have
  the fourth cylinder firing poorly.  Either spark plug or wire could be
  the problem.  If all the gas in the cylinder isnt burnt up, you will be
  able to smell it in the exhaust.

> 4- I have to refill (completely) with  new water (antifreeze) every 2000 km.  Is this
> normal?

   Nope, that sure aint normal.  I had the problem of my radiator cap
  releasing pressure too early and I would often have to refill after
  a few thousand miles.  You should be able to get your cap checked.
  Also, you might have a leak somewhere.  Check all your hoses and make
  sure they are clamped down tight.  Easy to do..

> Thank you for your help!
>
> PS sorry, my english is poor!

   Dont be sorry, I have friends that have english as their first language
  and they still sometimes dont have a clue as to how things are spelled,
  go figure  ;)