Ricks Clutch woes...

At 10:28 PM 12/2/96 +0800, you wrote:
>On  1 Dec 96 at 22:48, Shawn C. Meze wrote:
>
>> still havent done the clutch? heh, im gonna put in a 020 close ratio
>> 5 speed with the Velocity 80% diff kit on thursday. I'll be done in
>> an hour........ Phbthhhhhhhh!!!! heh-heh-heh!!!
>
>Sure you can.......
>Be a man and come up here and prove it !!!!
>Back up all this big talk :)

Heh, I just might do that. I will need to road test my new tranny. Im not too sure i will like the new gearing. im kind of fond of my FF geared tranny, especially on long trips. He said it has a taller 5th gear in it but
im thinking its an .80. Ill just have to wait and see. Oh, ill be done in 1/2 hour, I forgot I will be leaving the axles in place and just dropping the tranny! :)- Phbthhhhhhhh!!!! heh-heh-heh!!!

>now.  It was a shame that it didn't arrive before the 4 day weekend.
>It's my own fault, Mark was great about getting things out asap.

Yeah, like you would of done it then! RIGHT!! I expect *I* will be doing the clutch for you on some out of the wild blue trip I go on and end up in Seatle, again. :)

>I've got a new problem......the LF outer CV joint is going bad.  May
>as well wait for that since I'll be removing the axles to do the
>clutch.  Till I get that I'm sure something else will break :)
>I checked the local VW dealer for the CV joint.....he gave me my 20%
>off and it was only $188.  I'm hoping like hell Mark can do better
>than that.  I was reading the FAQs yesterday and some guy claimed he
>got a kit for $55.  That would be sweet............

$188?? Mark had better be able to do better. I got a Quote from Mike, before he left Timmons and it was something like $90 for just the outer CV. $188 should be the whole axle! Ill call Mike at his NEW place of business a
nd see what kind of deal he has on one.

Shawn