Re: Wheel/Tire fitment

>I'm looking into what kind of wheel tire sizes I can fit on my '87.
>I really want to know if you can fit 215/45R15's on my car.

Have you ever seen this size?  I've never seen a 15" tire with a
lower profile than 50.  Must be expensive tires!  They would fit, tho.
If you go any wider than 205, you'd probably have to get a higher
offset than usual because you'd probably have a rubbing problem
with 215s.  An offset (ET) of 38 would probably be good.  You
could save your lots of money by just getting the 205/50/15 or even
cheaper, the 195/50/15.  You really can't tell much difference
between a 195 and 205, especially on a 7" wide rim.  195s, on the
average, run $15 per tire (for a good tire) less than 205s...just
something to think about.  Don't spend anymore than you have to.

-Mike
89 Euro 8V