I found a '87 16V for $1000 with bent valves what do you think

I just found an '87 16V for $1000 or best offer. I talked to the
guy and he seems eager to sell the car. He said he broke the timing
belt and want to get rid of the car.

I haven't seen the car yet, but I am going to take a look tomorrow.
It has tear drops and Leather seats. I asked him he would part the
car out and he said yes.

Here is my question. WHat is a fair price for the leather seats? I
offered him $250 over the phone but he said I would have to take a
look at them. He said, The back and passanger seat is perfect but
the drivers seat needs work.

ALso I am not sure how bad the motor is but it definately won't run.

ANy thoughts on this are appreciated. I would consider buying the
whole car for parst if I had somewhere to keep it. I could use the
teardrops on my GTI. What is the lowest I can expect to pay for
leather seats and how hard are they to change over?

Thanks

--

    Happiness is a warm Killfile.