Stalling update

A lot of you had asked me to let you know when I fixed the stalling
problem on my '85 8V.

First, let me say that getting to know this creature took a lot
longer than I figured.  I'm not used to a car nearly pegging the temp
gauge without really having a problem.  That's right.....it's NOT
overheating and the cooling fan appears to be operating properly.
When I first had the fuel pump and filter replaced I was running the
heater when the temp climbed much over 1/2 way, so I didn't really
know if it was going to stall anymore.  Then we had the "heat wave"
here subside (anytime it gets in the 80s in Seattle it's a heat wave)
so I wasn't sure if it was ok.

Finally the last 2 days the heat (@85) returned and I deliberately
left the heat off in traffic.  Also, the heat coincided with the
worst traffic days (Thur & Fri) so I'm pretty convinced it's fixed.
I was in some first class traffic jams in the heat and although the
temp gauge went over 3/4 it didn't die or even sputter.  And when the
temp got that high, the cooling fan kicked in and dropped it down to
1/2 in a flash.

Thanks to all who offered advice, and good luck to those who had
similar problems.  So the stalling is over and I can set my sights on
getting the rest of the car in shape.

Rick    hugacub@whidbey.net
'85 Scirocco 8V