RE: Re[2]: Varying Idle speed

Message authorized by:
    :
/S=john@fang.cs.sunyit.edu/OU=SMTP/O=1.UCN.GO.1/P=PROCTERGAMBLE/A=MCI/C=US

        I currently have the same problem with my '86 8V Scirocco.  The
frequency of the variation in idlespeed is not constant but it happens
everyday,
all the time.  It jumps between 1000 and 750, just as Sean had mentioned.

        I don't know if you guys had the same problem but another thing
that
happens is every morning when I start it up it seems to run on 3
cylinders
for a
few seconds or sometimes even a minute, kinda like it's not firing all 4.

Then
if I rev it or wait for a minute it settles down.  Any ideas?

By this token alone, the first thing I would do is yank all of your spark
plugs and take a look at them.  The plugs can tell you a lot of what is
happening in your car.  I wish I had one of those Bosch posters that
showed what to look for on a spark plug and what it means.