RE: Shine Racing in Walpole MA & VR6 Scirocco..

I have also written Bob in the past. According to him a G60
conversion is just way to expensive into and A1 car. he said you
need an entire donor corrado really to do the work right. Also you
had better have a lot of time on your hands and knowledge in your
head. Definately not something I would be up to.
---------------------------
I priced a complete G-60 motor with fuse Box, computers and wire harness
all the way into the dash for $2,750.  This is from Bug world and is
considered on the high side.  But then again a new G-lader will run about
$2,000 so it could get expensive in the long run.  You have to admit that
with the Auto Authority stage III (217 Hp) this car would be a monster
(V-Tec nemesis).  By now you would need a Quaife too, another $1,500.  Now
we'er rally getting up there. Now I have to balance the check book.

Bob recommended:
to me a 2.0l 8V (when he thought I had an 8V) He said 150HP is
obtainable with a cam port and polished head exhaust and I am not
sure which. I think he actually mentioned Techtonics motors saying
I could get one and have it put in for about $2500. In his opinion this is
very economical and goes like hell.
Reliable too!  I guess that's where economical comes in.

Take'em to the limit

Rodney Noriel