Re: Shine Racing in Walpole MA....

At 11:03 AM 8/15/96 EDT, scirocco-l@privateI.com wrote:
>Has anyone had work done by Shine? If so could you let me know how they were?
>
>I have an '82 that I'd like to have a large amount of work done on (2.0
>upgrade or posibly a VR6 upgrade, suspension mods, brake systems, roll cage,
>body) and he is really the only local shop I know of.
>
>Thanks in adavance for any help!
>
>-johnny-
>Johnny Scarborough Jr.                   jscarb@aolnorth.com
>America Online, Inc.
>Internet Platforms Development
>617.455.7405
>
>--

Bob used to post frequently to the watercooled VW Newsgroup and was very
helpful.
I emailed him for help on a specific question (removing an allen head bolt
from the crankshaft after the head had been stripped out) and he replied
promptly with a solution which worked like a charm for me and saved the day.

They have an add in EC mag which says they have been providing auto services
for 20 or 23 years or something like that.  I usually think people who race
have a bit more interest in the cars they work on and people who race VW's
have more interest in and knowledge of the cars.  They certainly have an
opportunity to break everything that can be broken.

I think they would be a good place to go.  Why don't you got talk to them
and see if you can get a feel for how they would be to work with.  Let us
know what your experience.

Chris