Re: Opnions on short shift kits..

At 11:12 AM 8/13/96 -0400, you wrote:
>does anyone have any opnions on any short throw shift kits? I just bought a
>techtonics one and its in the mail.  It was $55 - better then $149 for the
>neuspeed or $50 for a no-name one.
>Does anyone have any other remedies for that nasty notchey, scrapy feel that
>stock vw boxes have?
>I hate downshifting into 2nd.. its the worst feeling.   I mean its not
>totally terrible... ive just been spoilt by my dad's 3000GT's box...
>--

I have the Neuspeed weight on mine, as well as the Techtonics unit that
lessens side-to-side slop and not the to and fro motion.  I am very
impressed with this combination, but I did have to completely rebuild the
shift linkage.  You cannot tell much difference without replacing all the
bushings, etc.  But, once you do replace everything, man is it smooth!

David Ian Utley

             Original Equipment Marketers

   Serving owners of Volkswagens, Porsches and AUDIs
with Original Equipment parts at Discount Store Prices.

         diutley@telepath.com.....405-364-2102