Re: Opnions on short shift kits..

On Tue, 13 Aug 1996 Mute0@aol.com wrote:

> does anyone have any opnions on any short throw shift kits? I just bought a
> techtonics one and its in the mail.  It was $55 - better then $149 for the
> neuspeed or $50 for a no-name one.
> Does anyone have any other remedies for that nasty notchey, scrapy feel that
> stock vw boxes have?
> I hate downshifting into 2nd.. its the worst feeling.   I mean its not
> totally terrible... ive just been spoilt by my dad's 3000GT's box...

I've got the TT one - I like it very much.  It doesn't reduce side throw
(which may be why it's so much cheaper) which, in my opinion, is a good
thing - the side throw is pretty short already.  It may make your shifting
feel even notchier, though.  I have trouble getting into first some of the
time; I've heard that the weighted shift rod can improve this drastically.

Kevin Wenzel - Director of Network Operations                   privateI, LLC
kwenzel@privateI.com                                Internet and Web Services
KB0MQM                        28.8 PPP/Shell Dialup and Private Port Accounts
                    ***  http://www.privateI.com/  ***