? about scirocco rims

for the record, if you have the original 8.9" front disk diameter, *ANY* 13,
14, or 15" 4-lug VW OEM wheel will fit perfectly -with absolutely no
modifications!  this goes for the oldest Rabbit to the latest Scirocco 8v.
yes, all of them! keep in mind that they're all the same exact chassis,
anyway.

Scirocco 16v, on the other hand, came with 10.1" rotors and require at least
14" rims to fit over the big calipers. ultimately, going to Corrado 11" disks
requires a 15" rim, but that conversion isn't worth it on an A1 chassis car,
imo. currently, my '83 GTi sports 15" '91 GTi rims and my '80 'rocco has the
original GTi jobbies. they're all interchangable.

-Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut