Re: 83 Scirocco

At 01:37 AM 8/10/96 -0500, you wrote:
>-- [ From: as punk as it gets! * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --
>I am about to purchase a "new" Scirocco with the 1.8L in it.  It has 100k
>miles on it and it runs great (definately need a tune up though).  The only
>problem is that the brakes have barely any pressure. I would guess that it
>is the master cylinder because There is ample brake fluid in the resevoir.
>Would anyone agree?  Or could it just be that the brakes need to be bled?

If the master was bad, you would probably see leakage at its rearmost
part.  Check for this and also for leaks at the rear wheels.

>The car is in decent shape.  It needs a new battery as well though so I am
>only paying $850-$900 for it.. Are there any other signifigant problems with
>the '83's that anyone can tell me about?  Thanks a lot, Josh Clark
>PS Does anyone want to sell thir GTI wheels or have any 13" wheels for sale?

I have 2 ea. old style wheels (pre 82) and 2 82-83(?) style wheels
on my car.  I'd love to unload them if you get desperate :)

Miles Lott (http://www.insync.net/~milos)
A.A.S. E.E.T./SBE BCST ENG

KTXH Ch. 20 in Houston, TX - home of the
Rockets, Astros, Aeros, Terror