Autocrossing a Scirocco I

Is there anyone here who autocrosses their Scirocco?  I'm trying to figure
out how much leeway I have with the engine on an '81 (originally came with
a 1.7l) - I take it installing a JH 1.8 will knock me completely out of
anything I could possibly hope to be competitive in?

Kevin Wenzel - Director of Network Operations                   privateI, LLC
kwenzel@privateI.com                                Internet and Web Services
KB0MQM                        28.8 PPP/Shell Dialup and Private Port Accounts
                    ***  http://www.privateI.com/  ***