Diesel trade for a Scirocco?

On 9/21/07, Don Walter <dswalterwi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It is my way of sharing the Scirocco love as I can't drive all three enough
> and I need something with better mileage as my drive to work is 70 miles per
> day.  I don't have anywhere to properly store more than one.  I wish I could
> keep them all.  There is even a Mk1 that is going to waste nearby too.  I
> wish I could pick that up.

Easy answer here - TDI swap!  There area bunch of TDI swaps going on
these days, as the TDI engines are starting to get cheaper.  There are
chip tuners out there who will remove the immobilizer feature, so the
full cluster/ignition swap isn't necessary anymore.  Get an older
1Z/AHU engine if you want a straight bolt-in swap.  They get
phenomenal mileage in our older, lighter cars.  Plus you can get some
serious power out of them without any fuel mileage penalty (in fact,
potential mileage usually goes up!).

Something to think about...

Later,

Mark
75
82
82 Caddy - mTDI swap in progress
91 Jetta Coupe - future (mild) TDI candidate