Slightly OT, IHRA Nationals

Ahh... jet engines.

Try standing behind an F-14 (not immediately behind obviously) on the
flight deck of an aircraft carrier.  One of those things will pick up
a penny 50ft away and "ingest" it.  It's one of those things that are
so loud that even with hearing protection it will disorient you and
keep you from completing a thought in your mind.  A-6 Intruders were
really loud too, not to mention the A-6B Prowlers would actually make
the front of the carrier bounce like a diving board.

By comparison F-18's aren't nearly as loud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqcqbCoREv0&mode=related&search=

While searching for the above vid I found this magnificent jackass...
I had to chuckle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csbozaOut-0