Which to buy if either/ Struts

If you are trashing the struts then sneak your vice grips inbetween the
springs and clamp down on the strut shaft.  It will take some serious
clamping to get it to hold on the shaft since it is super smooth.  Sometimes
an air impact gun might jotl the nut loose.  If you are at a complete stop
then use a grinder and cut the strut shaft.  I would think you would replace
the upper strut bushing/bearing assembly anyways unless you have the
rebuildable kind then you will need to salvage them.  Good luck.

--
Gordy
MK1 x 5