See what you've driven me to?

Yeah, it's become a geek-fest in my garage. I just got in from trying to
get my dash water temp guage to work. The problem is the ABA sensor and the
MkI gauge don't play nice, the guage pegs at hot. So I'd tossed in the
largest resistor I had and that pegged it at rest position. Which it never
moved from. So something between nothing and 1000 ohms is right. So I ask
the kid (he's gotta be good for something), he's got a potentiometer handy,
likely from a helicopter. So here I am after twisting the dial and boiling
water to immerse a spare sensor in, and it's still not perfect, but I'm
closer. 150 ohms seems to be what's called for. Of course that means adding
up about six resistors in series. When I got the 16V a few years back, I
didn't even know how to disconnect the battery cables. The other projects
today were washing three cars (Bug/Klaus/Mustang, don't ask), getting a
spare engine and tranny into a spot where I didn't keep knocking my shins
on them, and figuring out fitment for battery relocation and the cutoff
switch to go with it. All the piddly shit takes so much time! It was a
beautiful fall day for it though. Hope you all had good weekends.
cathy