16v hot start problem

Hey fellow listers, I have been a list member since just before Cincy 2k2. I usually just browse without saying much, but I need some help. I've got an 87 2.0 16v that is giving me some "Bang my head off the steering wheel" problems. The car just will not start when it's warm. If it sets for a several hours and it's relatively cool outside, the car will fire immediately and run just fine. But if it's warm outside (seems like the 70 degree or higher mark), or if the car has had time to warm to it's normal operating temp, then trying to restart, it will turn over endlessly till the battery runs out. All the while never actually firing. Could my CSV be bad causing this aggravating issue? Is there anyway to test the CSV? And most importantly, how is it that after all the times the car has taken my last dollar, I still love it more than any other car I have ever owned? Thanks for any and all support. --Ryan in Indiana