  From: Mark Bednarz
  To: Geordy Rostad
  Sent: Monday, October 15, 2007 10:21 AM
  Subject: Re: emblems

  Geordy,

  You could possibly do this with some scale-model related items. Alclad II is a chrome paint that really does a good job through an airbrush. If you can't get a new badge through the dealer or the web, this may be the way to go. I'd love to see how the wheels turned out :)

  -=Mark

  Geordy Rostad <geordy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    I had the wheels done by a professional wheel refinisher.  They have a wheel press and they straighten them out, then they blast them with stainless steel shot.  Then they powder coated the centers with high gloss black.  After that, they put them on a CNC lathe and machine the powdercoating off the lip and rim.  Then they do a clear powder coat over the whole thing.  I've never seen RA's that looked this sharp.  Well worth the $130/rim.

    Needless to say, they don't have the equipment to rechrome plastic :-(