Tinkering this weekend

Let me first say that I love you fucking guys (and gals) lets have a
group hug or some touchy feely shit like that and get on with it.

So I didn't drive the R for a while--like three weeks.  Went out,
battery was dead.  Of course.  Jumped it and drove 250 miles.  Got out
and guess what it's still dead.

So I get a jump get home that evening put it on the charger and it
starts somewhat miserably next couple of days.

Walk away for a couple days and it's deader than a doornail again.  8vdc.

Well shit...

Go to flaps this morning after minor surgery to get the gd battery
out... if you haven't seen an R32 battery mount... I am not sure if
this is true for all Mk IV's or just the R but you have a cover, some
sort of distribution box on top of the battery and then you have to
remove the panal that allows access to the headlights to get the
battery hold-down bolt loose.  Then you pull the battery out (thank
god it has a handle) and it's wrapped in some sort of weird padding.
I don't get that but I rolled with it.

I took it to flaps and it had 6... yes SIX cold cranking amps
available.   So a new battery is like $89.

Always looking for an excuse to drive the 80 I had to take a few hilly
backroads to flaps.  :)

What the hell is it with charging at my house?

--
80 Scirocco Callaway Indiana Red
87 Scirocco 16v Tornado Red