Let's talk batteries

    I've done a little research on the Optimas and here's what I've got.
They come in three basic formats:  Red Top-normal, Yellow Top-Deep Cycle,
and Blue Top-Marine.  A Red Top is sweet, but a Yellow is better.  The
construction of Optimas are the key to their success.  Instead of using Lead
plates like in a conventional battery they use lead cylinders.  Why you ask?
Lead is a very soft alloy and would bend and warp like a scoliosis patient
under they daily stresses of holding itself up.  Conventional batteries have
impurities laced in the lead while being formed and this reduces their
charge holding ability.  The Cylindrical shape of the lead plates in the
Optimas allow them to hold their shape with less impurities.  Purer lead
means better power performance even if the shape is not as conductive.  They
are a sealed battery and are less likely to explode and this is why they are
recommended for racing.

      Rave Racer
Current:
'91 Jetta GLI 2.0L 16V