VW VIN# format

This is from 4crawler, but I've seen somewhere that the current format is
only on cars from 1980 on up.

http://www.4crawler.com/Diesel/VW_VIN.shtml

The crazy coincidence is that my VW's all were WVW which means W-Germany,
V-VW, W-Passenger car and my Audi was WAU which means W-Germany, A-Audi,
U-passenger car.  It's just the way their VINs work that it came out WVW and
WAU.

      Rave Racer
Current:
'91 Jetta GLI 2.0L 16V