Possible buying a MKI......maybe looking for a really nice one.

Ditto on the "get a good floor" comment, and I must add that my
reclaimed salvage car is very clean. But not totally rust free, I
didn't have $10K to spend, no, reword that, I wanted to spend it in
other ways...no matter what, you'll end up with money tied up pretty
fast, no delusions there. "Original" will likely have the worn
suspension and so on. And I agree with Mark, your vision of
restored/modded/whatever won't match the PO's. And Mark, how much do
you love that Jetta again? Why don't you clarify :)
Cathy