Volkswagen Engineers and Angels watch over me.

Well, y'all damn near lost me last night.  I know I know... what would
the world do without me?  What would this list do without me?  Since I
am known for saving the world one lighting system at a time and all...

I was in Allentown yesterday for training and I told them I had a 5pm
flight and they held me until 3:30.  So I leave work like a bat out of
hell and since I DO NOT know Allentown I listened to my GPS.  The
Allentown airport is very small and not the one I wanted to go to.  I
pull up and see alot of Cessna's and stuff.  Do a quick check and I
wanted Lehigh Valley International Airport.  Oops.  So I was pretty
sure I was going to miss the flight.  I call travel to discuss options
and United was late.  SWEEEET.

I fly into OHare last night and for a 40 min layover with my delayed
flight and my connection got delayed 3 hours.  So I took care of some
work and did my thing, but that put me into Seattle approximately 2am
pacific.  I was UP since 6am eastern.  That put me at about 23 hours
no sleep.  No biggie I do that all the time saving the world right?
One lighting system at and time and all.

I parked offsite I think I mentioned this, by the time I got the bags,
car and got on I-5 it's now 3am.  I set the cruise control to make
sure the cops didn't have an excuse.  Eerie how empty I-5 was.  I made
room for other cars just in case someone was drunk I kept a one lane
buffer.  Got off the freeway went through the bad part of Tacoma, with
no major potholes (in the R32), no crackheads, no prostitutes, no
homeless people tapping on my window.  I was almost home.  I turn onto
MY street which is a fairly busy arterial.  I am now a quarter mile
from home.  It's raining pretty good but hey I am almost home it's
gonna warm and I get to sleep.  Oh I was so friggin sleepy I could
have fallen asleep driving so easily.

I passed the last cross street by the church and there were two cars
the first went past as I pasted the cross street.  I was between the
2nd car and the street now doing 35mph.  That 2nd car was doing at
least 40-50 and he came into my lane at the last second.  You know how
Bill Cosby says that when you are about to have an accident, first you
say it, then you do it... That's not entirely true.  I did three
things damn near simultaneously I locked up the R32's antilock brakes,
the car shuddered like I was running over "road turtles" (those
traffic dots that mark lanes) at 60mph.  I jerked the wheel to the
left and went into the left lane, and screamed MOTHERF*CKER!!!  Now if
there had been a milf nearby maybe...  the drunk guy went right into
the ditch hard bounced out behind me and went past the cross street,
whips a 180 came back and turned right onto the road he was originally
trying to go to and weaved off into the night.

I hate to say this to the Scirocco list but I think if I was in the
Scirocco I wouldn't have been able to stop quick enough or wrench like
I did, because it was so wet and God forbid he hit me at that speed it
wouldn't have been very nice without airbags at a 70+mph collision.

So I came in shaking, hugged my girls and couldn't sleep a wink.

Chris

So I