Balls. Sciroccos Impounded. (Paging MD area listers?)

So my Sciroccos have been sitting in a parking lot for the last - eh -
about two years now.  As far as I can figure I wasn't really SUPPOSED
to leave them there, but it wasn't exactly illegal either.  (It's on a
Navy base and was a legit long term parking area, though I heard that
they recently changed that policy)  I was hoping that this past summer
I would have a chance to haul at least one of them off to the junk
yard.  Didn't happen, so I was going to try to get it done in December
instead.  For the time being, though, I was going to leave them
sitting there with my fingers crossed that nothing would happen
because they're in Maryland and I'm in California and I don't have a
lot of options.

Well my parents got a letter today that they've been removed and
impounded.  Damn.

I don't really know what to do.  Apparently I can sign a release that
lets them junk the car(s).  I'm really not clear, though, if both cars
were towed or what happened exactly.  I was there for the weekend
about a month ago and the cover had been stolen off one of them and it
looked as though someone had tried to break in unsuccessfully (as
though it were difficult to break into a Scirocco) so I don't know if
maybe something more happened with that...  I really don't want to
junk the nicer blue one, especially since it has nice wheels and other
valuable parts including some stuff in the hatch - not to mention I
hauled it back from Nevada because of it's lack of rust.

Maybe Brian McGarvey or one of the other MD area listers can help out?
 If nothing else I'd like to see the cars parted.  They're currently
in Annapolis.  I'm sure there is an impound fee, so maybe if someone
is willing to go pick them up and pay the fee I'll sign the title
over.  They don't currently run and I can give more details if anyone
thinks they can help...

-Grant-