What's the deal????

--- the hitman <vwscir88@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>   so i'm confused here, been gone to long i guess.....
> but wasn't victor the
> name of ron's rocco? did i miss something or bad memory?

Nope, you're memory is correct, just missing the details of
this long, sordid soap-opera.  Let me try and sum it up:

Victor, the Famous Cheap Scirocco, was Ron's '87 16v.  Ron
started jonesing for an Mk 1, and ended up importing one
from California, naming him Victor Jr.  He sold Victor to
Anson Clement of Durocco fame, who has since re-sold him in
Columbus somewhere.  He was pretty beat by the time Anson
was done with him.  :(

Victor Jr got a 2.0 Megasquirted 16v and was Ron's
dedicated autocross car for some time.  However, with
family life keeping him very busy, Ron decided last year to
sell Victor Jr.

Now enter Julie MacFarlane.  Draco (her 2.0 16v '81) was
succumbing to cancer, as he had spent too much time playing
in the salt of northeastern winters.  A deal was made
between Ron and Julie, and as of this past Mother's Day,
Victor Jr lives in upstate New York.

Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 Scirocco S (Deiter)       '86 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco Slegato (Gino!)  '88 Scirocco 16v
'96 Passat GLX Wagon          '56 Cessna 172

http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/222