From: Nate Mellom [mailto:doubt@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2007 11:02 PM
To: Scirocco list
Subject: A/C bolt questions

Had to tighten my alternator belt today, and I noticed the bolt holding the
A/C compressor was loose (on the fender side), and the other bolt was
missing.

1)Anyone know offhand what size the missing bolt is?
2) How the HELL am I supposed to tighten up the other one?  The pulley and
belt are in the way of getting any kind of wrench/socket in there, and
there's no room to get any movement on it with an open-end.

Anyone have a compressor delete bracket they want to sell, or know where I
can get one?

This is on a '88 16v.

Thanks,
Nate