Experience with carpet & upholstry kits?

On Tue, 29 May 2007 13:42:51 -0700 (PDT), nocones77-vw@xxxxxxxxx
wrote:

>And how about upholstery? Since it isn't a race car, I'm considering rejuvenating the stock seats. I'd need both the foam and the covers. Kinda the same story as carpet. In fact, preferably NOT the OEM vinyl, but perhaps some cloth that looks good and won't remove skin on a hot summer day. I see TMI makes that too, but I haven't heard whether it is any good or not.

I looked at the TMI upholstery (at Jbugs in Oceanside, CA) when I
redid my interior.  I think their overall quality is more suited to a
bug's super simple interior.  "OK" but not impressive.  I'm glad I
decided to have mine done by a local shop.  I spent about $800 which
included about 70% new panels and some foam work.

Gordon
75 Mk I/Drake 1.9