OT: P4 Temps

I recieved a 3.06 HT chip from a buddy of mine whom recieved the chip with
the story that it didn't work.  Well my desktop is like a 2.4 and it was the
proper pin config... MOBO and RAM could handle it and I would double my
cache and add hyperthreading for what it's worth--mainly I accepted the poor
homeless thing for it's speed increase.

I had to scrub this thing with a rubbing alcohol and a q-tip for about an
hour to get all the thermal paste off of it.

I have a good heatsink and all that, reapplied the expensive silver paste so
here's the question what temperature range should this run in?  At idle I am
sitting right about 50 degrees celcius.  Oops sorry got ahead of myself.  It
works fine.  There doesn't seem to be any issue with it.  I fired it right
up.  XP recognized the HT processor right away, and I haven't really tried
Vista yet as I don't have temp monitoring in that OS.  I suspect it runs
warm.  I know higher frequencies, more PN junctions, flux capacitors, and
reflex drives... yea yea yea warp speed Mr. Scott.

So I get 50 degrees C. at idle, and when I do anything intensive (I have
been running Prime95's torture test) it spikes to about 65 degrees C.  It
holds steady there.  Now the HW temp monitor if you put it in default mode
alarms at about 77 degrees C.  I think I may have seen close to 70 but that
was running Prime 95, playing MP3's, downloading something in the
background, moving files and playing Star Trek Legacy.  No alarms thus far.

I just want to make sure it is stable I guess is what I am saying.  No blue
screens but before I go into Vista where I am blind... I want to make sure I
can load the crap out of it and not have to worry.

Worst case scenario I still have my old chip.  I was thankful that XP
recognized it.  One of the OS's had to be recompiled or reloaded for dual
processors, virtual or not.

Anyways... Interested to hear what you think.

Chris