Fuel gauge on empty when temperatures are hot

My fuel gauge during the winter was working great, but this spring things have been a bit different.  In the morning when I crank the car it reads correctly and everythings great, but later on in the day when outside temperatures go up it reads dead on empty when I crank the car.  I haven't driven the car for hours and it's just sitting in the parking lot.

  Anyone have this problem with their fuel gauge before?

  Thanks,
  Eric Singer
  '87 16V Scirocco

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.