Speedo Gear p/n

On 5/25/07, Dan Bubb <jdbubb@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Only tranny with the 4.25 final drive that I'm aware of is the AVX.
> Wide ratio and apparently used with a diesel engine.

Correct, it was mated to the 1.6 ECO diesel, which was a US rendition
of the 1.6TD with a smaller turbo and no boost fuel enrichment.  The
short gears were to keep engine loads (and smoke levels) minimized for
emissions.  Net result, absurdly high RPMs, for a diesel anyways.

--
84 Wolfsburg Ed. Scirocco GTD mit ?berVerteilerpumpe
http://scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca/gtd