Anybody ever test their heater blower motor?

Anybody ever pull the connector that goes to the heater blower motor and hit it with some test voltage to see if it runs?

If so which wires/connections do you run voltage thru?

I'm going to try it with mine to make sure it's the blower motor before I dig into it.  I just pulled the one out of my parts car and it was a pain in the a$$ even with the dash and everything but the heater core out.  But atleast I know where all the hidden little bolts are now. 8-)

David