Tip for removing (front) inner wheel bearing race

I recently picked up this 20 ton press setup
<http://home.cogeco.ca/~mardak/20ton_press.jpg>, and while R&R'ing the
front wheel bearings on my 91 Jetta Coupe I remembered this little tip
to remove the (usually) stuck-on inner wheel bearing race that I
learned while working at an automotive machine shop a while back:

Mount the hub in a large vice and heat the race up in one spot with an
oxy/acc torch until it's glowing red (not sure if a propane torch will
heat it up hot enough, but it probably will if you have a heavy duty
torch head).  Then take a (fairly) sharp chisel punch and give it a
good whack with a BFH in the center of the glowing red spot.  Cool
everything down, and the race will sometimes even slide off by hand.
Here's a pic to show what I mean:

<http://home.cogeco.ca/~mardak/inner_race.jpg>

Sure beats trying to pry that fucker off with a puller, which is an
exercise in frustration...

Just thought I'd share..

Later,

Mark.