OT: some computer help needed

Is it possibly a hardware issue?  Are all the com ports showing up under my
computer and configured properly?  I know that isn't what it's saying in the
error code but I would check that as well.

Another thing you could try is rebooting it and hitting F8 going into safe
mode and trying it from there.  That's about as close as you can get in 2k
to MS DOS.

Do you have the floppy drive?  Make a boot disk.  2k should let you do that
and boot off the floppy.  There are CD images out there--not sure how
feasible that is now... but they are out there.

This is exactly why I reload every machine I have at least twice a year.
The desktop I reloaded the other day I loaded one year ago and I was having
problems.  Backup backup backup.  On the other hand I do alot of stuff that
is way outside the box of what the software was meant to do.  As I said
before Warez are my friend cuz I am mad l33t.  ROFLMAO Ok not really.

Dumb question but what are the contents of the batch file?  You can right
click and hit edit to look at it without running it.  It is POSSIBLE that it
was never intended to run in 2k at all.  Since XP is largely built on the
bones of 2k it's pretty rare.  Look at what it's trying to execute and then
search microsoft (shudder) for compatability issues.

Just throwing ideas out there.