Piston Q

I installed my TDI crankshaft in my 9a block this week-end hoping to get 2.1l of 8v power ;-)

The crankshaft spins freely without hitting anything, so that is good.

However, there are two snags as I see it.

1. the piston stick about 2mm out of the cylinder at TDC.
Can I safely run 2 head gaskets to bypass this problem?
I have seen a shop in the norteast that can make me a copper head gasket, Perhaps this can be a more permanent solution in the long term.

2. on the bottom stroke, the piston hit the oil squirter.
There is already a notch in the piston skirt for the oil squirter. But I need a bigger notch.
Do I need a machine shop to do it or can I just enlarge the notch at home with my die grinder?

Thanks

Marc