'77 Creampuff: Check?

Hi List,
     "Go look at" sounds good, but the only lister I know of in that neck of
the "temperate" (yeah right, wet like a MoFo) rain forest is Gordy, and he
ain't there at the momoent.
    I have a buddy in Portland who can MAYBE check out the car; he's not a
VW or even automotive expert, he does Heavy Equipment (Cats, 'dozers, etc.)
for a living. He could say "Starts, runs, but forks and/ or dozer blade
missing." MAYBE, if I could convince him to make the trip.
    This car SOUNDS nice... but somebody needs to get eyes on.
    Anybody know somebody in Seattle? Tacoma? I'll give a shout at my buddy,
but he might not want to do the check. It's not really his gig, and it's a
long drive.

Karl