Bonrath strut bearing - needs to be pressed?

Hopefully someone has experience with this...

As far as I can tell I need to press this bearing assembly together, but
I've been horrible wrong many times before.  The first picture shows the
bearing inside the bushing - I pressed that in there with a hand vice
(sorry about the size, I somehow messed up gallery 2 resize):
http://koabi.lazyslacker.com/photos/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=8011&g2_serialNumber=1.jpg

The bushing that is around the bearing fit into the housing before I
pressed the bearing into it.  The bushing expanded somewhat and now I
cannot get the bushing/bearing all the way up into the housing:
http://koabi.lazyslacker.com/photos/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=8008&g2_serialNumber=1.jpg

I did try the hand vice for this too, but to no avail.