.80 in a 4K tranny

Dan,

> Sent me a bluish set with a sloppy fit on the pinion shaft
> splines. The gears looked like they'd been overheated to me.
> I sent them back be he never refunded the money.

...so I've got this 4K that was ran on low enough oil as to pop out of 5th on the highway (about 3 times, as reported by the PO).
I've confiscated this tranny from the PO (gave him a spare AGB I had).  5th appears ok (5th assembly cover), but there is a definite
lovely burnt odor to the tranny fluid.  The gear selector lever is noticably more sloppy than normal (but all gears worked, no
grinding at all).  What's your take on a tranny in that condition?  Think any of those gears will be overheated?  I figure if 5th
survived, the rest should have as well...

Whatcha think?
Al