From: LEF <rocco16@sbcglobal.net>
To: Brendan Doyle <lord_verminaard@yahoo.com>; roccit_53@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca; Brian McGarvey <bmcgarvey@gmail.com>
Cc: Scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Sent: Sunday, March 25, 2007 11:44:06 AM
Subject: Re: grade eight?

The hardware store misled
you.

 Stainless steel bolts are generally (there
are several alloys) rated at min 70,000psi tensile.

Even grade 5 hardware is rated at min 105,000psi
tensile.

Grade 8 is around min 150,000psi
tensile.

There are no grade 8 stainless
fasteners.

Do NOT count on stainless hardware to be
especially strong stuff, guys....it is only more resistant to
corrosion.

larry

sandiego16v

 I went to the hardware store
  and got some grade-8 stainless bolts to go in their
place.

Finding fabulous fares is fun.