Something to be said for planning ahead

So, I am sure many of you are mildly amused by my car-repair learning
experience, so here's another chuckle for you.

A few months ago, my Mitsubishi Montero Sport needed front shocks and I
replaced them myself.  No biggie.  The hardest part was getting the bolts
loose.  I onlly had to remove the wheel, no brakes, no CV joints, JUST
wheels.

So, now forward to Gisele (yes, I named her and she is a girl).  We are
close to road time and I went ahead and ordered shocks.  Nothing fancy, just
plain old Bilsteins (I am not SpeedRacer, just like to drive a little fast
in a straight line).  I had this crazy notion that the procedure would be
similar to the Montero, so I figured it couldn't be that hard and would
maybe take me 2 hours for all 4 corners (since the Montero took about 30
minutes per wheel).

So, with nothing else to move forward with this evening (oil filter wrench
is too big, pin is still stuck in fuel distributor and NOT coming out,
injectors have new seals and are re-installed), I decide to tackle the
shocks, or at least get started.  So, I remove wheel #1 (driver front).
Open Bentley and begin to read about removing and supporting suspension
stuff and making sure things are straight... HUH?!?  I was WRONG about ease.
  You really gotta take all that stuff apart just to replace the shocks?
And the pictures really don't look exactly like what I bought; and bending a
wire for support?  I don't have any wire hangers and don't really know how
to fashion a suspension sling.

So, I am thinking it may be time to crack a beer and see if installing a new
stereo may be more up my alley.  Not sure about this either, as they laughed
at the store when I asked for the wiring harness for the Rocc.  Guess I will
be soldering?

Maybe I will watch a movie instead.

Lexan

i'm making a difference. Make every IM count for the cause of your choice.
Join Now.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwme0080000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=hmtagline