Dyno Day in the Pacific NW

>My first Dyno (and with my daughter), I got the lowest HP. 52 to be exact. I
> thought my car was fast till then  :)

>Times have changed and i no longer hold that title  !

I am not sure about that.  Every car there was either turbo'ed or
supercharged, with the exception of Lance's and his is not stock.
With my car at 100% it still would have been the lowest there, simply
because it was a 1.8 16v.  I estimate my car is at about 80%.  I think
it needs a cap, rotor, new wires and the muffler replaced and then it
would be like it was meant to be.

My compression is still up in the high 160 range on every cylinder.
It has just a FRCH under 200K and still pulls 80ish in 3rd.  It leaks
a little oil and lets in the rain but shit if it didn't do that it
wouldn't be a scirocco.  I figure in the next few months I will need
to do the clutch so hopefully I can get the worst of the leaks taken
care of and the mounts redone at the same time.

I had a thought today... Googlie-whats-his-nuts--I can barely
pronounce it forget spelling it--the italian guy who designed the
scirocco, delorean, (and possibly the impulse?)  I think he designed
spaghetti strainers before he designed cars, the way these things
leak.

No offense, if my car had a semi-recent tune-up and did anything below
85 I'd have a fucking fit and seriously consider getting rid of the
damn thing.

I don't know I may have been able to take the TDI on biodiesel, but I
didn't really have the cash and I didn't want to give the MkIV weenies
the satisfaction.  (Since I own a MkIV I can say that!)  LOL

Chris