Dyno Day in the Pacific NW

The sun threatened to shine for about an hour this morning and then
retreated as per normal.  The meet was a little lacking on the
sciroccos... mostly Mk4 and 5 Golf's/GTI's.  There were a couple
Jetta's and one Corrado.  Lance and I were the only Scirocco's there.
If you haven't seen Lance's car...  WOW.  I was really impressed and
frankly ashamed that I drove the 87 dressed in Mud-tornado pink.

He's done an outstanding job on that car.  I have a goal to work
towards now.  ;)  I won't talk about dyno numbers other than the
Corrado put down 123hp at the wheels with a relatively stock G60.  I
had to raise a spock eyebrow at that.  There was one "kia" present in
the form of a 2007 Mustang GT (he was tipped off that he could save a
few bucks by showing up with a group to get their discount)  Dude put
a kenny bell twin screw and went from low 300's to well over 400.  I
don't remember the exact numbers.  Too bad KB doesn't do VW's.

Lance had his daughter there so I brought Zoe.  At five she doesn't
understand about cars yet so I had to explain to her... you know how
daddy is about his silver car?  (yea...) Well that's the way EVERYONE
here is... DO NOT TOUCH.  It drizzled on and off and the girls were
getting cold and wanted to sit in Lance's car and I was having panic
attacks that Zoe would get those Recarro's dirty.

I drove home this afternoon and the sun came out so I couldn't stand
it anymore.  I spent the last three hours washing cars and scrubbing
rims.

I did not run mine mostly because I know that it's BONE stock and in
dire need of a tuneup.  I don't need to pay someone 50 bucks to tell
me that I have work to do.  :)  That and I didn't want to be the
lowest one at the meet.  LOL

Chris