gears/gearing

> accoring to the calculator, with 195/60-14's, at 3740 rpms I
> should be making 73 mph, but according to my speedo I'm doing
> 70 or just a tick under.
> Am I splitting hairs here looking for an exact correlation?
> I'm just having fun anticipating more highway fun!
> Cheers,
> GP

Rons spreadsheet / speed calculators are correcting for non-factory tire size, which is something your installed speedo can not
correct for.  Since the speedo gearing of our trannies was selected for 185/60/14 (not 195), when you are moving at 73, your speedo
reads closer to 70.

Also realize that along with the above, your speedo and tach are subject to +/- a few percent of fullrange due to alignment
tolerances.  Given the different tire size and numbers you listed above, your tach and speedo appear to be quite accurate.

HTH
Al