thinking of selling the rocco

im pretty surr that the engine needs at least the head resurfaced and put back on for it to run but not positive i cant pull the head because i dont have the triple square bit to take it off.  there really is no rust maybe some surface rust but could just about be wiped away with a cloth. yes it is a wolfsburg its got power windoes and the central locking the both work. it has a good 4k tranny in it i just replaced a cv halfshaft . and i started polishing the intake and the alternator but i never finished.
  it was a blast and if i sell it im going to miss it
Chris Bennett <scirocco16vr32@gmail.com> wrote:
  Mmmmmm... mfa... purty...

Oh sorry...

Looks like a decent car. Man if I bought every car that I had the
urge to buy, or hell for that matter if I had the money to buy every
car I wanted I would have a FLEET of sciroccos.

If you could at least figure out what was wrong with the engine that
would go a long way toward determining value. It's an 8v (I always
did prefer the side profile of the 8v's over the 16's... but front and
back is another matter.) interior looks good... stock seats? Is it a
special edition like a wolfsburg? I thought I saw a badge there on
the fender. You said little rust...

I am no expert on this but are you looking for more than $2000?
There's no way I can buy it but if I throw a number out there that
breaks the ice right? I don't want to insult you. I know my 85 when
I put it up for sale I wanted to hit every jackass that offered me
$1200 for it. Always they had no idea what it was much less what it
was worth to me... (I know blue book is SHIT)

(sniff) You can't put a dollar value on love, Man!

Sorry had a moment there.

Chris

On 3/17/07, levi perkins wrote:
> lol sorry here they are if you need any more just ask and the pic of the
> engine is not current but basicaly how it looks
> the only electrical problem it has is that the mfa doesnt work
> http://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r280/subawrxsti/
>
> Chris Bennett wrote:
> pics would help...
>
> On 3/17/07, levi perkins wrote:
> > i think about selling my rocco. so i can rent a shop and start stripping
> vw's and or buying cheap ones and getting running and selling them. i need a
> little seed money to get started. i was wondering if anyone was interesed
> and what you give me for it. i dont know if im selling it im just getting a
> feel of what its worth.
> > the engine overheated a while back and hasnt started sence i havent really
> dug into it but i think its a blown head gasket. its not perfect in any way
> but it has almost no rust at all and i i just put brand new tires on it 2000
> miles ago
> >
> > well let me know what you all think
> >
> > levi

> 80 Scirocco Callaway Indiana Red