Suspension talk

On 12:21 am 03/17/07 "Mtl-Marc" <marc_scirocco@sympatico.ca> wrote:
> >  On 10:58 am 03/16/07 "Mtl-Marc" <marc_scirocco@sympatico.ca> wrote:
> > >  I was going to get this setup too, but lately I noticed
> >  Chuck, Dan B,
> > >  Cathy amongst others who are happy with coilovers.
> > >
> > >  What are the real advantage to get coilover for strictly
> >  street use,
> > >  street use with major potholes that is...
> > >
> > >  Cheers.
> > >
> > >  Marc
> >
> >  Well, I'm certainly no suspension expert. My philosophy when
> >  building the 16V was that I'd get the best I could in
> >  anything I replaced, and many who knew more than I did
> >  suggested that the H&R coilovers were a good way to go. I
> >  also wasn't certain of what all I'd use that car for, so some
> >  adjustability seemed to be a good idea. I reality I've dialed
> >  them in to where I think they should be heightwise and not
> >  adjusted them that much.
> >  But I do like the handling in that car, no question. Marc,
> >  when you swing back through here in June, you can try the
> >  girl out if hubby doesn't kill her at the track that weekend.
> >  And potholes, yeah, we can find some... :) Cathy
>
> "...that I'd get the best I could in anything I replaced"
>
> Sound advice you have there.
>
> I'll take you up on your offer for the short spin.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Marc

That offer comes "supersized" with a large dog and a firstborn on the side,
though Getty has first dibs on the dog. The firstborn comes as a package,
complete with multiple uncompleted VW projects, consider it, he's good with
wiring as long as it's all white av grade....he'd be like the dog in
Montreal, he'd head out, get distracted, vanish for long periods of time,
eventually wander back all muddy and worn out...:)

Yeah, but please do take that one for a spin, I don't offer it to everyone
eh?
Cathy