Suspension talk

On 10:58 am 03/16/07 "Mtl-Marc" <marc_scirocco@sympatico.ca> wrote:
> I was going to get this setup too, but lately I noticed Chuck, Dan B,
> Cathy amongst others who are happy with coilovers.
>
> What are the real advantage to get coilover for strictly street use,
> street use with major potholes that is...
>
> Cheers.
>
> Marc

Well, I'm certainly no suspension expert. My philosophy when building the
16V was that I'd get the best I could in anything I replaced, and many who
knew more than I did suggested that the H&R coilovers were a good way to
go. I also wasn't certain of what all I'd use that car for, so some
adjustability seemed to be a good idea. I reality I've dialed them in to
where I think they should be heightwise and not adjusted them that much.
But I do like the handling in that car, no question. Marc, when you swing
back through here in June, you can try the girl out if hubby doesn't kill
her at the track that weekend. And potholes, yeah, we can find some... :)
Cathy